GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ON-LINE SALES
Clause 1. Application of General terms and conditions
The present General terms and conditions apply to all internet orders for tickets placed on La Cité de la Mer ‘s web site, www.citedelamer.com, via the getaticket interface. La Cité de la Mer reserves the right to adapt or modify them at any time. If this is the case, the General terms and conditions applicable on the day the order is placed would be applied.
Clause 2. Contractual relations
2.1. The information on La Cité de la Mer’s web site and brochures may be modified, with customers being given prior notification when finalising their ticket purchase. This does not apply to certain exhibition areas, attractions, shops or restaurants that are not open all year, or which may be full, closed, modified, or withdrawn without notice. Customers may consult the calendar showing opening dates and times on the web site.
2.2. The SAEML La Cité de la Mer located in the Transatlantic Liner Terminal – 50100 Cherbourg-en-Cotentin is its customers' exclusive contact and is answerable to them with respect to the execution of the obligations arising from the present terms and conditions. La Cité de la Mer cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from force majeure or from any third party and affecting the organisation or the way the visit and the service provided during the visit proceed.
2.3. Customers recognise that they are legally entitled to enter into a contract with the conditions described in the terms and conditions hereafter: be at least 18 years old, be legally entitled to enter into a contract and not in tutelage. If this is not so, La Cité de la Mer reserves the right to cancel the order.
2.4. Placing an order requires compliance with La Cité de la Mer’s Internal Regulations, which are appended to the General terms and conditions.
2.5. In application of clause L 121 21-8 12° of the French Consumer Code, the services proposed by La Cité de la Mer, as service provider of leisure activities to be provided at a specific date or period, are not subject to the right of withdrawal in clauses L 121-21 and ff of the said Code with respect to the contract concluded at a distance and outside the establishment.
Clause 3. Order procedure
3.1. The prices given on La Cité de la Mer’s web site and in its brochures are inclusive of tax. They are determined in accordance with economic conditions pertaining to the date the rates are defined.
3.2. Once an order has been confirmed and paid, La Cité de la Mer cannot apply reductions and promotional offers retroactively.
3.3. All payments are to be made in euros by banker’s card (Visa, Mastercard), on the day the booking is made. Immediate and total payment is required for all orders placed on the web site. No other means of payment are accepted. La Cité de la Mer is not responsible for any expenses incurred on banker’s card transactions in the event of variations in the exchange rate or for other reasons.
3.4. The order validation date corresponds to the date the order is placed and paid for by banker’s card on line, in accordance with clause 1369-4 and ff of the French Civil Code.
3.5. Any order form signed by customers by means of a "double click" constitutes irrevocable acceptance that cannot be invalidated. The "double click" associated with the authentication and non-renouncement procedure and with the protection of the integrity of the messages has the same value with respect to the contract between the parties as a handwritten signature, in accordance with clause 1369-4 and ff of the French Civil Code.
3.6. Payment by banker’s card is done on our partner’s (Payzen EU) secured bank servers. During this operation no banking information about customers goes through the Cité de la Mer’s web site or the getaticket interface. Payment by banker’s card is therefore completely safe; customers’ orders will thus be registered and validated as soon as the bank chosen by the customer has accepted the payment.
3.7. The data from customers’ cards are encrypted by means of the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol and never transit visibly through the network. Payment is done directly by the bank. La Cité de la Mer and the getaticket interface do not have access to the data under any circumstances, and do not keep them on their servers. That is why customers are requested to re-enter them for each fresh transaction on our web site.
3.9. The total number of tickets is limited to 9. Above this number, we recommend that you contact the booking department on +33 (0)2 33 20 26 70 to obtain an offer for an appropriate rate.
Clause 4. Validity of tickets purchased on Internet
4.1. Dated internet tickets purchased via La Cité de la Mer’s web site are only valid on the date chosen by customers when placing an order. Such tickets cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded.
4.2. Non-dated tickets purchased via La Cité de la Mer’s web site are valid for one year after the date of purchase for all areas of the centre, except for some exhibition areas, attractions, shops or restaurants that are not open all year, or which may be full, closed, modified, or withdrawn without notice. Customers may consult the calendar and opening hours on the web site, plus the current news about the centre on the day they visit.
4.3. Tickets at promotional rates: In the context of a limited operation, La Cité de la Mer may issue non-dated tickets. Internet tickets at promotional rates purchased on La Cité de la Mer’s web site are only valid during the promotional period given on the web site. Such tickets cannot be returned, exchanged or refunded.
4.4. When tickets are checked at the entrance to La Cité de la Mer or when on-line ticket(s) are given to customers, valid, official ID may be requested to identify the purchaser of said on-line tickets.
4.5. Children’s on-line tickets may be checked at the ticket office at the entrance to La Cité de la Mer. In the absence of documents proving customers' right to the specific rates, La Cité de la Mer has the right to demand payment of the difference with respect to a full-rate ticket on the date of the visit.
4.6. It is strictly forbidden to reproduce, duplicate or counterfeit an on-line ticket, to supply them for such a purpose, or to use copies of such documents. Such actions are liable to prosecution, without prejudice to the damages that La Cité de la Mer would have the right to claim from offenders in accordance with the damage incurred.
4.7. Under no circumstances can La Cité de la Mer be held responsible, in particular in the event of loss or theft of the ticket. No duplicates will be issued in the centre.
Clause 5. Printing Internet tickets
5.1. All internet tickets ordered must be printed and shown at the ticket office when visiting. La Cité de la Mer reserves the right to refuse entrance to the centre in the absence of tickets shown.
5.2. The printing function for entrance tickets to La Cité de la Mer purchased on line involves printing the said documents on a standard printer or being in possession of a smartphone or tablet with internet access enabling them to be shown for checking on the day you visit.
5.3. Customers must make sure that the quality of the tickets printed out is good and thus corresponds to the validity conditions described hereafter. To be valid, they must be printed in portrait mode, without the font size having been modified, on a blank white A4 sheet, front and back. Each person booked in must have their own ticket.
5.4. Documents that are only partially printed, soiled, damaged or illegible will not be accepted but considered de facto as not valid. In the event of a bad quality printout, customers will have to print their internet ticket(s) again in order to obtain correct printing quality. Customers may check the quality of their printout by making sure that the information written on the on-line ticket, and the bar code, are legible.
La Cité de la Mer declines all responsibility for any anomaly that may arise while the order is being placed, processed or printed out for tickets which you are to print, unless it is due to malfunction on our web site.
5.5. Each on-line ticket printed has a unique bar code that is checked and recorded at the entrance to La Cité de la Mer by means of bar code readers, giving access to La Cité de la Mer to one single customer. Only the first person to present the on-line ticket will be admitted to the centre, as they are presumed to be the legitimate ticket-holder. On-line tickets are issued for one person and are non-transferrable. They may not be exchanged or refunded.
5.6. Your tickets for printing at home are available at all times up to the date of event on the web site for which you have purchased your tickets.
To find them:
- Go to the “My Account” section. Enter your identifiers.
- “My Order” section: select the line of the order with the tickets that you wish to print out by clicking at the end of the line on ‘further information’.
- Detail of the order line: click on the printer at the end of the line with the order.
- Printing out tickets. One line is available for printing out each ticket. Click on the printer to print out each ticket.
Ticket purchasers take all precautions required to keep their password secret, to prevent its use by unauthorised persons, and to prevent any breach of secrecy.
Clause 6. Complementary bookings: 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction.
6.1. 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction.
Booking is free but compulsory for this attraction for young persons. The date and time being booked via La Cité de la Mer’s web site are only confirmed if the date and time chosen are available when the order is placed. Once the date and time have been chosen, they cannot be modified. Booking for the 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction involves the issue of an on-line ticket with a bar code.
The ticket showing the date and time of the session for the 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction purchased via La Cité de la Mer’s web site must be printed out, to be shown to the members of our staff in the centre.
You can make the booking at the ticket office on the day you visit, providing that places are still available.
Clause 7. Personal data
7.1. In accordance with the French law on data protection dated 6 January 1978, customers have the right to access, rectify and refuse personal data kept about them. This right may be exercised by writing to us at the following address, giving your full name and address: La Cité de la Mer – Gare Maritime Transatlantique – 50100 Cherbourg-en-Cotentin - France.
7.2. Purchasing a ticket on line involves accepting to be registered to receive La Cité de la Mer’s newsletter to be kept informed about products and services that are identical to your previous purchase. You may refuse this by contacting La Cité de la Mer by writing to us at the following address, giving your full name and address: La Cité de la Mer – Gare Maritime Transatlantique – 50100 Cherbourg-en-Cotentin - France.
7.3. Personal data collected by La Cité de la Mer when a ticket is purchased on line are strictly reserved for the use of the ticketing department and for information about the centre. Addresses are never sold or passed on to third parties.
Clause 8. Other provisions
8.1. The present specific terms and conditions are subject to French law and come under the jurisdiction, except where otherwise provided in cases of absolute necessity, of the competent Cherbourg-en-Cotentin law courts.
LA CITE DE LA MER INTERNAL REGULATIONS APPLICABLE TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC
Any person entering La Cité de la Mer is to conform to the present internal regulations.
• All visitors to La Cité de la Mer must be in possession of a ticket when entering the area subject to an admission charge (as evidenced by access check).
• All children must hold a ticket after going through to the area subject to an admission charge (as evidenced by access check).
• Visitors are required to conform to the instructions printed on the tickets, invitations or any other information-bearing document.
• Each ticket issued authorises one single visit to the Le Redoutable submarine and the 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction, unless the management have given their prior agreement to the contrary.
• For reasons of safety, children under five are not allowed to visit Le Redoutable submarine.
• 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction: In order for the 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction to progress smoothly, we hereby inform you that images and videos are captured during the sessions, and that the files will be destroyed after use.
• During periods when the centre is crowded, all visitors may not be able to access the Le Redoutable submarine and the 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction, in which case the price they pay at the ticket desk will be reduced automatically.
• Any person frequenting the establishment is required to conform to legislation with respect to the No-smoking ban for public places. It is therefore strictly forbidden to smoke in any covered or enclosed areas covered by the legal responsibility of La Cité de la Mer. This ban is in compliance with decree n° 2006-1386 dated 15 November 2006 setting the application conditions of the No-Smoking ban in communal amenities.
• Any visitor entering La Cité de la Mer site is required to show respect and not damage the premises or objects on display. In the event of any person being caught vandalising in flagrante delicto, the police will be called.
• In the event of a safety check at the entrance to the centre being implemented for valid reasons requiring a search by specialised staff, each visitor is to comply with the requirement.
• Photography and recording are allowed during the visit, including in the submarine, the exhibition areas and the aquariums. They are not authorised in the 'Walking into the Depths' Attraction. Flash photography is not allowed in front of the aquariums. This authorisation is valid for images and recordings to be shared exclusively within the visitors’ family. Professional photographers are to obtain a partial or total authorisation from the management of Cité de la Mer SAEML.
• Documents, handouts, badges, insignia, symbols or banners of any size of a racist or xenophobic character are prohibited.
• Objects that are banned in public (weapons, drugs, for example) may not be left in a left-luggage area. Their discovery may lead to the police being informed.
• Any object liable to be used as a projectile, to constitute a weapon or to jeopardise the safety of the public, in particular fireworks, knives and sharp objects, plastic bottles, glass bottles, metal boxes or tins, alcoholic beverages, are prohibited.
• Such objects may be confiscated at the entrance to the establishment. The management of La Cité de la Mer may not be held responsible in the event of the theft of such objects.
• If the owner of an unauthorised object refuses to give it up, he will be denied access to La Cité de la Mer.
• Any other object deposited with La Cité de la Mer staff in exceptional circumstances remains the entire responsibility of its owner. Under no circumstances may the members of staff in reception be held responsible for any damage incurred or theft on objects deposited in exceptional circumstances.
• Animals, except in exceptional circumstances (guide dogs...), are not allowed on site or in the exhibition areas.
• La Cité de la Mer SAEML may request the removal of any person seriously disturbing public order, without the person being entitled to any refund (including a partial refund).
• Any person present because performing work for La Cité de la Mer (technicians, members of other companies, members of La Cité de la Mer SAEML staff …) must be in possession and display an ID badge. La Cité de la Mer staff are issued with permanent badges. Other persons working in La Cité de la Mer, receive temporary badges and deposit their identity cards with Security.